Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gear Checks

Today I tested my gear. I am pleased with everything except my tent. The tent gets an F! I set it up, & put my pad & sleeping bag in as I planned on sleeping in it tonight. The sides were a bit saggy but passable. However when I went out tonight to go to bed, it was all caved in so my 5'3 self had no room. Talk about feeling like you're in a tomb! Or a coffin. I'm very frustrated. This is my second tarptent shelter that I've tried. Uggh. I wish my 2 person Mt Hardware tent was lighter. I love it... But its too heavy for a thru hike. 'Sigh'. I will call company in the morning for help. Otherwise a good day today. I got some training in and some more food dehydrated. My knees are feeling better which makes me happy. For the first time today I felt confident about my ability to do this hike. I've been worried that my body would let me down. But the Physical Therapy & strengthening exercises are starting to have a positive effect. Now if I can just solve the tent problem.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment