Monday, February 20, 2012

Meet Up

Thursday I went to the Burnside Brewery on NE 7th & Burnside to meet up with other local thru hikers. It was crazy cool. About 11 people showed up. We were all strangers to each other from different backgrounds & different ages, but we shared a common goal. There was instant friendship. The conversation flowed. We were all excited and there was so much energy at our table. Really awesome. And the hamburger I had was the Best burger I've ever eaten! Well, the evening ended with plans to get together again for a gear check - set up tents, light stoves, load packs etc.  So, I'm feeling stoked. A lot of pieces are falling into place. The weather is cooperating. I've got the time off. I'm meeting people. My friend Daryl summed it up well when she said its effort & perseverance meeting up with luck that's making this hike happen.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments: