Sunday, March 4, 2012

Born to Walk

After reading Born to Run, I've been thinking about how it applies to my hike. The book was about ultra running, runners, & the Tarahumara Indians in Copper Canyon Mexico. The author talked about the joy you can see on the faces of these Indians & top ultra runners when they run even when there at mile 40 in Death Valley. Well I'm doing an ultra walk. And yes, hiking through forests, deserts, & crossing mountain passes puts a smile on my face. The beautiful moments & experiences on the trail will be worth any pain or discomfort it takes to get there.  I know there will be times when I'm tired, sore, & scared, but those difficult moments make the awesome moments even more rewarding. Its a good feeling to push through a 'wall'and become stronger. I feel very fortunate to be able to get off the couch and walk.  So, I say to myself - Have a little pain? Embrace it. Fear? Welcome it.  Joy? Love it! Cause you were born to walk !  Woo hoo yaa


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment