Monday, March 26, 2012

Trimming the Fat

My mom surprised me with a Garmin 62s GPS.  I'm so excited about it.  I found a special PCT Topo SD card for it too.  I was going to hike the trail with just Halfmile's PCT maps and a good map compass.  But so cool to have a good GPS!  Well, with the addition of the GPS to my pack weight, swapping my cook pot to the lighter Snow Peak titanium pot, and getting rid of some little things; I had to re calculate my pack weight.  It's base weight is now 15lbs 2.9 oz.  I'm jumping up and down over this!  I'm 1lb 4 oz lighter than I was before and that's with a GPS!  I'm feeling like everything is in place and I just want to get on with it.  Take me to the trail head please.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure to squeeze in a light camera too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up using the GPS? Did you like the brand/model choice?

    ReplyDelete