Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More food

Yummy food. The most discussed thing on thru hiker forums besides gear is food. I'm excited about a post I read tonight. You take instant pudding mix & combine it with powdered milk in a ziplock bag. In another bag you put crushed graham crackers. On trail a little cold water to the pudding mix, let set, top with graham cracker crumbs. So I bought several boxes of pudding, graham crackers, & vanilla wafers. I think the nilla wafers will make a good topping also. Tomorrow I'll be smashing the crackers & wafers and assembling the pudding mixture. I plan on dehydrating pineapple as well.  It's all about variety so I don't get tired of the same food day after day for 5 months. I know I will enjoy this little treat on the trail.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment