Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 3 Boulder Oaks 26 - Long Canyon 37.2

Got up early to beat the sun but was  still the last to leave camp. I'm slow, but that's ok. I need to go slow & do low mileage to build up my strength. Already I can feel my legs getting stronger & my shoulders don't hurt as bad. I got my first blisters. I hiked a lot with Bob & Minnesota today. Bob has done the PCT 3 times so us newbies have been hanging on to every word. He hikes slow! I had been feeling tired & nauseous all day & had trouble eating. I didn't hike today I stumbled. I finally crashed. Minnesota came upon me a minute later. I was dizzy, slurring my words & nauseous. Yep, electrolyte imbalance. He made a salty drink for me & fed me peanut m&ms. It perked me right up. My body came to life & my legs were strong again. I camped with Joe & Joanna. I'm still nauseous though & shaking.  My plan is to hike the 5 miles to Mt Laguna in the morning, get a room at the lodge, & get better.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment