Monday, April 30, 2012

Scissors Crossing 77.2 - 99.2

I'm sitting in my tent in camp. It's dry and warm so I could have cowgirl camped but my tent needed to dry out. This post is about trail angels & trail magic.  I got a lift back to the trail this morning from Early Girl & Water Boy. They're from WA.  They treated me to a scrumptious breakfast in Julian, then on to the trail at 10 am.  They're angels.  More trail magic is the water cache at mile 91.2, 14 miles away.  Without it, the closest water would have been 23.8 miles away.  So I'm very grateful to the angels who put it there.  Not to mention my friend Craig who drove from San Diego to give myself & 3 others a ride to KO.

It was a beautiful day in the desert.  I saw two horny toads.  I saw some different cactus in bloom as well.  I felt strong today and my confidence is growing.  If it weren't for the 6 ticks I killed it'd be a perfect day! Goodnight desert.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. I am from Monterey Park, California. I remember as a child going out to the desert in that area and see horny toads. I was façinated with them. They are like tiny dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete