Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 4 Long Canyon 37.2 - Mt. Laguna 43

It was a leisurely hike up to Mt Laguna today with Joe & Joanna. I was glad for the company. They are from Washington. I find I enjoy hiking solo, but like all the cool people I meet to like Wolf & Bobcat as well. Bobcat made her own pack & hiking clothes. My new friends from the last 3 days are hiking on. I will miss them but I know new travel companions will happen along. I was able to get a room at the lodge. I got the last room! Yay! A shower never felt so good! I washed my smelly clothes in the bucket provided by the manager. No clothes washing in the tub! Me & my clothes were pretty stinky. I'm feeling better. I downed a can of come V8 right away & just finished lunch at the Pine cafe. It was the best hamburger ever! And I had the pleasure of eating with a couple of locals. It's beautiful here & people come up from San Diego to hike & bike. So I will be fine I think & plan to continue on tomorrow if I continue to improve. But I'm sleeping in!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it to a warm bed, shower, and hot food, that must feel so good! I'm praying for you and thinking about you often. Take care of yourself out there! Remember Phillipians 4:13, you are amazing and strong. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the updates! Go at the pace that works best for you & eat/drink properly.
    Most all just have fun!!! --yes that hat is "sick" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa, I hope you had a good rest. I'm enjoying watching your progress. Take care!

    ReplyDelete