Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 5 Mt Julian 43 - Pioneer Mail 53.2

Today was my best day of hiking so far. After sleeping in & eating breakfast at the Pine House Cafe, I packed up & headed out. I was feeling strong and anxious to get back on the trail. It was easy hiking all day through the Cleveland Ntl Forest and then through a transition zone as forest gave way to desert. Amazing views of the Anza Borrego desert! I was alone all day & only saw the occasional day hiker. Just me, my shadow, & the "thwack" of my poles. Once in camp there was only one other hiker there. Black Snake is retired & lives in Houston. We've agreed to hike together as far as Julian. I enjoyed my solo day but now that I'm back in the desert I'm thankful for a partner. He's done this section before & is familiar with the route. I'm cowgirl camping on a picnic table. The stars are out, beautiful.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment