Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Zero Days

A zero day is a day with no hiking. I haven't had one yet. Every day I've done 10-16 miles with the exception of the 9 miles to Mt Laguna. I had planned to continue hiking to Warner Springs today at mile 110. I have a ride there to take me to the kickoff and orientation weekend at Lake Morena. I would then ride back Sunday to the trailhead. However, there is rain coming in today and possible thunderstorms. I also woke up very sore. So I'm taking a zero day. I'll get to kickoff from Julian. My body will thank me. I'll be stronger for it. And I want to be sucessful at doing the whole trail. I love it. It was a hard decision to make because I really want to push on. But I'm trying to be smart and make good decisions. I'm happy, and going to read a book, eat lunch at 'Moms' (free lunch for thrus if you sign the wall), and visit with the locals and hikers.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

  1. Great decision, I'm glad you are getting a day off. It sounds like its going really well now, I'm so happy for you! You can't go wrong when you listen to your body. I love you and miss you my awesome adventurous sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I have been able to follow you on google maps and with the PCT app I have for my iPad. It looks like you are having a great time. The only bad thing I can say about google maps is that it doesn't really show the change in elevation that well, and I know that is a big part of this hike. Thank you for sharing your hike.

    ReplyDelete