Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 7 Rodriguez Spur 68.4 - Scissors Crossing 77.6

Today has been a leisurely day. 10 miles to Scissors. Just yesterday it was 110 degrees at the crossing. Today it was high 70s and a breeze. So we made it down in 3 hrs. On the PCT you pass through many different eco systems, and each trail town has its own unique character. I wish I was more knowledgeable about what I'm seeing.

Did my first hitch into Julian 13 miles up the mountain today with 3 others. It's a touristy mountain town. Laundry, shower, food, treat blisters, & life is good. I'm splitting the cost of the room.

A conversation between me & a biker on a Harley:  Biker -"Hi, you hiking?" Me -"yea how are you?" Biker -"well, where ya hiking too?" Me -"Canada." Silence...

I'm feeling strong & doing great.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lisa just read your posts and I must say it sounds like an adventure for sure!!! Wish I was there for parts of it. Canada sounds way out there though. Pray you will be divinely protected and have the adventure of a life time. "You Go Girl!!!!" I look forward to traveling with you via the Blog..From the Bushwacker Dance crowd, Charla

    ReplyDelete