Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 12, Mile 766 - 786

RtSection G is finished and Section H begins.  It was another epic day.  I've never felt so high as I have these last couple days.  I didn't think anything could top Whitney but today Forester pass did.  Forester pass is the highest point on the PCT at 13,900 feet.  We went up the south side and had to cross some snowfields on the way down.  I thought I was videoing That Guys descent and the surrounding scenery but I forgot to push the record button after switching from camera to video.  Too bad because That Guy fell back on his butt.  It was classic.  I hiked with a great group of guys today.  Besides That Guy there was Archie and Scrambled Leg.  They all rock.  We ate all going down the Bullfrog trail with me tomorrow to get to the Onion Valley trailhead and from there Independence.  I ate my last dinner tonight and all I have left for tomorrow is beef jerky.  So its a good thing I'm going into town.  I can't get enough of the Sierra views.  They just don't stop.  There's always more crazy beautiful views.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.5

1 comment:

  1. You are in my old back yard! It is all about just walking and being.

    ReplyDelete