Friday, June 22, 2012

June 18, 821 - 846

My morning started with a long descent down the canyon. The morning sun was lighting up the rocks and the river was hollering on its roller coaster ride down the mountain.  I made everything around me a character in a play with me as the traveler through their land.  It was downhill to level most of the day.  I hiked for a little bit with Yoga and Gourmet.  Gourmet is a thru, Yoga is joining him for 600 miles.  They've been dating 8 months.  I hiked on when they took a long break and made it up and over Muir pass.  That was a challenge!  I lost the trail multiple times and crossed numerous creeks and rivers.  At one point all I could see was moving water, rocks, and mountain peaks but no trail.  I told myself 'you got this Lisa'.  I looked at the map, the gps, thought about what made sense and figured it out. I finally made it to the top!  Thor & two other hikers were there. I was so happy to see them I didn't take a break.  I just snapped a couple pictures and followed them down.  It was an easy gradual descent down to lots of lakes including beautiful Evolution lake.  I'm camped here with Data, Steamer, and Conji.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment