Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mile 719 - 737

Hello from 10,000 feet.  It has been such a beautiful hiking day.  I got my first glimpse of the high sierras.  And I've been hiking in a forest of Bristle Cone pines with boulders strewn about.  I've been sharing the trail and rest stops with Astro, Trail Whore, and Argentina.  That Guy caught up to us at 3pm.  It's working out well.  His hiking partners are too far ahead so he's going to join forces with me.  Argentina is getting off the trail in the morning and skip ahead since he's done this section before.  I'm not used to the altitude yet but otherwise feeling good.  My tendon isn't bothering me anymore.  I'm getting my enthusiasm for the trail back and feeling happy to be out here again.  I thought about Easy Miles a lot today and I hope he's ok and its just a matter of a few days rest.  I hope he can heal and get back to the trail. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.5

No comments:

Post a Comment