Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mile 702.8 - 719

Easy Miles has been nursing a sore right leg and thinks it is a shin splint.He wrapped it and took Ibuprofen.  We hiked out in the evening up to the Kennedy Meadows campground 2.5 miles up trail.  It was a real nice campground and a camper, Chris, invited us over to enjoy his campfire.  The next morning, Easy Miles wasn't feeling too good.  His foot and ankle was all swollen and there was a purple, black, and blue splotch on his foot.  Not good at all.  Well Nugio and his dad had a motor home and car there and Nugio was going to LA to pick up a friend from the airport.  So they fed us breakfast and then Easy Miles left with Nugio.  He was going to go to an Urgent Care and get it looked at.
I hiked on.  I hiked with Argentina today and there are a lot of hikers on the trail that I know so I won't be 'alone' in the Sierras.  It was so beautiful today.  There were meadows, trees, mountains ahead, and Water.  Lots of water.  The Kern river cuts through the valley we went through.  I love the sound of running water and there are lots of places to fill my bottles. The bear cannister did not want to fit in my backpack.  I finally figured something out though and crammed everything in.  It makes a great camp stool.  I didn't get any pictures because I couldnt get my phone turned on.  It's working now though so tomorrow, I'll take some pictures.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.5

No comments:

Post a Comment