Sunday, June 3, 2012

Walker Pass 2

It's a nero day.  I slept in.  There was breakfast at 7.  It was breakfast burritos and they were delicious.  I pushed myself pretty hard to get here, 31 miles.  Let's just say I was highly motivated.  I need to slow it down now so I'm not exhausted when I get to Kennedy Meadows.  It's 50 miles ahead at mile 702.  I remember Erin (Wired) talking in her blog last year about feeling fatigued.  She made it to Canada.  I will too.  I just have to make myself not push to hard and take time to rest.  So no more big days for awhile.  Today I'm resting, enjoying the food, cold drinks, and company of other hikers til this evening.  Then hiking out with Easy Miles for 10 miles.

I really enjoyed my solo hiking.  I didn't see another hiker til 4pm.  It was kinda cool being alone in this vast wilderness.  It really was beautiful even though it was giving me a beating.  I couldn't appreciate it much going through but acknowledged it.  Okie Girl, who put on this trail magic, really is an angel.  She helped me more than words can explain here.  I'm feeling good again and looking forward to the Sierras.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment