Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mammoth Lakes

There is always so much to do in town.  The rest and relaxation you expect never seems to happen.  But Mammoth is a great town.  There is free public transit on the trolley car.  People are friendly.  The mountains loom large.  We had dinner with Choo Choo and Lumbar the first night at a pizza place.  That was really fun.  The next day we were constantly running into other hikers.  Everyone seems to stay at the Motel 6.  It's hiker friendly and has laundry.  I've enjoyed my stay here but as always ready to hit the trail again.  I'm really looking forward to Tuolumne meadows in Yosemite Ntl. Park.  My next resupply isn't until S. Lake Tahoe and that's too much food to carry.  So I'm planning on buying food along the way to supplement what I have.  Off I go.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment