Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mile 657 - 681

The morning started well with a hot cup of tea.  I love tea in the morning, especially in camp when its chilly out.  I'm hiking with Easy Miles again.  Our hike today climbed up and up into the high desert and on into a more alpine like environment.  It was cool and shady most of the day.  Yay!  The desert is being left behind as we approach the Sierras.  I will not miss the desert.  Tonight while setting up camp in Chimney Creek campground, a hiker yelled "bear!" Sure enough, a large brown bear was walking down the road right by where we were camping.  He was simultaneously minding his own business and checking us out.  I grabbed my phone to get a picture but only got his rear end.  He was walking quickly and I didn't want to get too close.  We are definately hanging up our food away from our tents. 

It felt so nice to get into camp early enough to set up my tent, cook dinner, and relax.  Something I haven't done in a week.  Just to orient people to where I am.  Walker pass is near the towns of Lake Isabella and Onyx.  I'm currently 30 miles north of there and will be in Kennedy Meadows tomorrow night, Monday.  More and more hikers keep coming in to camp.  It's windy and chilly out, but I'm snug in my tent.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment