Friday, June 22, 2012

June 16 Kearsarge Pass - 800

I hiked solo today up and over Kearsarge Pass, then over Glen Pass, down to Rae Lakes and on to mile 800.  Darlene hiked the first couple miles up the trail with me and we were having a great time. When 'oh no!' I had left my case with wallet, phone, & the days map in the car.  So I stashed my pack behind a rock and hiked back to the car with Darlene.  It was bound to happen sometime.  I'm just glad I caught it.  She headed home and I hustled back up the trail.  It was fun hiking out cause I kept running into hikers on thier way down to town.  I saw Power Nap, Brian, and Rian's mom.  Then on the other side of the pass there was a hiker sitting in the trail with his back to me and another hiker standing.  'My buddy is low on electrolytes do you have any tablets?' He asked.  The hiker on the ground groaned & mumbled.  So I set my poles down and as I was taking off my pack they start laughing.  It was Malpractice and his friend playing a joke.  They got me good!  After that I didn't see anyone for awhile.  Between Rae Lakes and camp I met a Southbound weekend hiker.  I said hello and he said 'hi, you must be Helicopter'.  It seems my legend precedes me.  Actually some hikers told him the day before he'd probably see me.  Rae Lakes was beautiful and I almost camped there but kept going because the camp here sets me up good for another pass in the morning.  I'm glad I did because Legion and Steady are here as well as a few other thrus.  It's good to be back in the trail.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment