Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mile 558 - 575

I'm finished with section E and have begun section F.  Today started out really well.  We didn't get hiking til 930 due to a post office stop.  But I was raring to go!  I felt eager, energetic, and excited.  Hiking time and on to Kennedy Meadows.  The first 8 miles to the water cache were easy.  There were homeade chocolate chip cookies and strawberries at the cache too.  A former hikers mom had left them.  Yummy.  But then we had to fill up on water and my pack got heavy fast.  Then there came a very long 2000 + ft climb along with hot sun.  I had to keep stopping in the shade to rest.  I made myself an electrolyte drink and got recharged.  Then whamm.  Pain shot through my left ankle/tendon.  I had already been feeling bad about slowing Easy Miles and Argentina down, now this!  So I stopped again to rest, take some Ibuprofen, and tape it up.  The tape helped and we went a few more miles to get over the hill.  But, I couldn't do the 20 miles we were aiming for.  The guys, bless their hearts are sticking with me for now.  We jokingly called ourselves the three stooges.  I'm Moe, Easy Miles is Larry, and Argentina is Curly.  The plan is for me to get up early to take advantage of cool morning temps and because I may have to take a lot of rest stops.  Aaaaggghh!

I didn't get any pictures today.  Initially it was just more windfarms marring the view.  We're in high desert now though and there are trees and rocky outcroppings and beautiful views. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment