Friday, June 22, 2012

June 20, VVR

Vermilion Valley Resort is a small camp/hotel on Lake Edison near Mono Springs.  There is a store, restaurant, camping area, and cabins.  There is a ferry that picks up hikers and takes them the 4 miles across the lake to the resort.  I had not planned on going since I was resupplying in Mammoth Lakes.  However, the thought of a good hot meal and a chance to experience another trail icon proved to much to resist.  So I hiked an easy ten miles to the dock and waited for the ferry.
The sun was shining.  There was a beach.  That Guy and Chef were there.  We went swimming.  What a great afternoon.  I felt like I was on vacation.  Pinch me please! Once at VVR we saw Momma Bear and Monkey along with Desert Fox and other hikers.  Dinner was pasta primavera.  So it was a nice little stop before Mammoth, especially after hiking so hard and I thoroughly enjoyed the VVR experience.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment