Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mt Whitney!

Can the Sierras get any better?  Every day is so awesome and beautiful.  Today we hiked to the top of Mt Whitney.  There were a few mountain lakes on the way up.  And the 360 degree views from the top were incredible.  What was really good though was how strong I felt.  I even ran a stretch towards the top.  There were several thru hikers up there with us so we got a group photo.  There were also a lot of weekend hikers who hiked up from the east side near Lone Pine.  One of the things I've been learning from this hike is how to let go and be in the moment.  It's actually been a topic of conversation between That Guy and I, and other hikers as well.  When we got back down to camp we cooked dinner and then celebrated our summit with Raspberry Crumble for desert.  While we were eating a search and rescue helicopter landed in the meadow and picked up a hiker.  No one knew who he was and what was wrong with him.  More reunions happened this evening as more hikers came in to climb Whitney in the morning so we had a lot of fun swapping stories and pictures.  It's going to be cold tonight so I'm sleeping in all of my clothes, including my rain pants, inside my 15 degree down sleeping bag.  The sleeping bag will be in mummy mode.  That means you can't see my face except for perhaps my nose.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.5

1 comment:

  1. Getting a chuckle thinking about your cute little nose sticking out of your mummy suit! The pictures are beautiful. I've been practicing being in the moment too! This is born out of a desire to get closer to God and hear Him speak.keeping you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete