Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aug 11, Mile 1750 - 1784

I'm baack!  34 miles!  I had the daylight and will to do more but body said no.  I listened.  Only 47 miles from Crater Lake.  I woke up ready to go.  This morning after passing a couple hikers from France it was just me and the deer on the trail.  I saw a lot of deer.  I also crossed the first lava fields of the trail.  There's more ahead.  It's been smoky and hazy all day.  It smells of smoke too.  Somewhere there's a fire but its not near the PCT.  I passed the trail to Fish Lake resort but didn't go because it is two miles off trail.  I didn't want to walk it and the cars on hwy 140 were driving too fast for me to hitch.  All for the best.  I got more miles in.  There's a good chance I'll catch up to my friends as they've slowed down. I lucked out with a camping spot.  It's probably the only flat spot for miles and its perfect for my tent.  Woo hoo!  I'm tired.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

2 comments: