Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aug 8, Green Springs

17 miles east of Ashland on hwy 66 at Green Springs summit, is the Green Springs Inn.  It has cabins, a lodge, restaurant, and group facilities.  It's beautiful here near the Cascade Siskiyou National Monument.  The PCT goes through the monument at mile 1744.  Proprietor Diarmuid McGuire is supportive of PCT hikers and very kind.  My symptoms returned full force while camping last night and it was clear this morning I wouldn't be hiking anywhere.  I called the Inn and they had a room free and picked me up.  I was able to get the medicine I need and should be on the mend for sure this time.  It is Giardia afterall.  My friends of course hiked on but we are staying in touch.  When I'm strong I can really fly down the trail and do big miles.  So I'm going to stay here close to the trail and when I can I'm going to fly.
Pictures: the gang, love those dirty girl gaiters, & the lodge.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. What's your best guess on how you got giardia? Were you treating your water?

    Have a great hike!

    ReplyDelete