Thursday, August 9, 2012

Aug 9, Getting Philosophical

I can't help it.  I've had a lot of time for introspection.  I've been thinking about the trail, about these last few months, and the metaphors keep coming.  You fall down.  You get back up.  To succeed you keep walking.  Just get up and walk, doesn't matter if you're fast or slow. You depend on, trust, and support your fellow hikers.  You look out for each other.  A hiker named Houdini had his backpack stolen when he went to get water.  He had to get off the trail.  But an outfitter in Mt Laguna, and other people in the PCT community pitched in donating gear and he's back on the trail.  How awesome is that?
There's more.  Sometimes I catch myself looking down too much and almost miss a beautiful view.  Yes, you have to watch the trail but look around, look up, don't miss out.  Same in life.
The Green Springs Inn is full tonight so the gave me a room above the restaurant for free.  It's used for storage but there's a bed & a chair and its comfy.  This place and the people here are awesome and I'd like to come back sometime with family and rent a cabin.  It would be a good base camp.
It takes two full days on the medicine before you really feel good again.  Then there are four more days of it.  So I'm planning on hiking out in the morning.  There are two resorts between here and Crater Lake - Hyatt Lake resort and Fish Lake resort if I have trouble.  The elevation profile looks mellow.  Fingers crossed.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa reading your post is truly wonderful .it makes me feel like I'm there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trail provides.... Keep on hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, darn, & then you wake up & have to (get to?) return to real life{:>) www.GermanGenealogist.com who found Mark Temple's ancestral origins in the Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete