Saturday, August 18, 2012

Aug 17, 1942 - 1972

I'm home.  I'm hiking on familiar trail in the Three Sisters Wilderness and its awesome.  We hiked fast this morning and took a side trail down to Elk Lake Resort for lunch.  Quest is leaving the trail for a few days to go home to Eugene, OR.  There were a few other hikers including Archie.  It was great to see Archie again.  I hadnt seen him since Yosemite.  His new trail name though is Willway.  The lake was beautiful with Mt Bachelor nearby.  There were also first views of South Sister and Middle Sister.  After lunch I hustled on to get 30 trail miles in since I'm meeting my cousin tomorrow at Mckensie pass.  The hike this afternoon passed through several meadows covered with lupine.  At least I think that's what the flowers are called.  They smelled so good.  I wish the smell could be bottled.  I'd wear it.  The trail passes fairly close to the sisters mountains and so I got some good pictures.  I'm dry camping since I couldn't make it to a lake ahead.  It was getting dark so I called it a day.  It feels good to be healthy again and I'm more determined than ever to make it to Canada.   I'm ahead of schedule now since I've been doing 30 mile days.  These pictures are South Sister, Quest & me, and lupine.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment