Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Aug 7, Ashland - mile 1744

I wrote about how the trail provides.  Well it turns out the group I hiked with a few weeks ago spent a few days in Ashland and were hiking out today.  It's grown though.  I met them at the trailhead at 1230 and 6 of us now started hiking.  Our group now consists of Last Minute, Ruby Locks, Rem, Grit, Moss, and me.  Then a couple hours in, Quest joined our train.  It's fun to be hiking with them again.  Due to logistics getting back to Seiad Valley and in order to stay on schedule, I decided to pick up the trail here and when I reach Canada I'll come back to Seiad Valley to knock out the 68 miles I missed.  I'm feeling better and it feels really good to be in my home state.  Southern Oregon has these lush, green, rolling hills and tall grasses.  The forest offers nice shade from the heat.  We are camped near a reservoir.  The sound of the water is very soothing for going to sleep.  Nice!
It was awesome to spend time with my family.  I'm really blessed to have their support.  Best trail angels and trail magic yet!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment