Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aug 20, 1992 - 2025

I saw a bear today!  It was a black bear on the trail not far from me.  He turned, looked at me for a second, and then ran off.  That makes my 5th bear.  At hwy 20, Santiam Pass, I caught up to my friends Last Minute, Ruby Locks & co.  There was trail magic there.  Steady's husband had subway sandwhiches, soda, and chips for us.  I'm hiking with the gang again and its nice.  Santiam Pass is the start of the Mt Jefferson wilderness.  The centerpiece is Mt Jefferson but there is also Three Fingered Jack.  At one point on a ridge looking back south I could see the Three Sisters, Mt Washington, and Three Fingered Jack.  There's still some snow up here but not much.  It's melted pretty quickly in this heat.  We are camped with a great view of Jefferson.  Definately a good day.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

2 comments:

  1. 5 bears!!! Cool. Sounds like everything going well. Beautiful pictures!!! Hi to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are flying!!! 30+ miles every day. So happy for you. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete