Friday, August 17, 2012

Aug 16, 1912 - 1942

Quest and I hiked out this morning only to encounter more fire hazards and trail closures.  The PCT was closed at hwy 58 for 20 miles.  We were already hiking and didn't know about it.  We smelled smoke and saw the helicopters flying overhead and getting water from the lakes.  But we never saw the fire and had no trouble.  There are a lot of lakes on the trail now and we stopped at a big one for lunch.  Even went wading.  Also we are now in the Three Sisters Wilderness and I feel like I'm home.  I've hiked this wilderness area twice and it was my  first hike on the PCT.  It was where I met my first thru hikers and started dreaming about doing it myself someday.  And here I am!  There are a lot of other hikers around me now too, which is good and I'm enjoying hiking with Quest.  Today was his first 30 mile day.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. You go! Keep up the fast pace!!! Missing you guys so much...

    ReplyDelete