Monday, July 30, 2012

Etna

I got off the trail at Etna Summit and got a ride into town with two dayhikers.  They visit Etna every year.  Jackie was with me and had then drop us off at Bob's restaurant.  It's a family style diner with delicious homemade pies.  Then we walked over to this charming bed & breakfast with a "Hiker Hut" in the side yard.  It's a surprisingly restfull place.  It's a large wooden shed that has been carpeted and furnished with bunkbeds, living area, kitchen, & bath.  Etna itself is a tiny town and people are friendly.  Everyone waves or says hi and seem to know everyone.  Two small boys had a hotdog and lemonade stand set up in their front yard.  The hut supplied us with bicycles to get around town with.  It's a good place for me to stop and ice up my sore spots before hiking on.  My propeller (on my hat) is still spinning!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment