Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 6, Back on the Trail 1095 - 1115

I spent the 5th doing laundry and getting back to Echo Lake from South Lake Tahoe.  I stayed with Steve & Peggy again at their cabin.  Atlas, Sunset, Northstar, & Shutterbug were also there.  Sunset has hiked all 3 long trails.  This is his second time doing the PCT.  In the morning I woke up to a sore and swollen left knee.  Everyone se was already up & eating breakfast.  I ate and then laid down on the couch with an ice wrap on my knee.  Everyone left for the trail and I fell asleep.  When I woke up 90 minutes later I was a new person.  I felt tons better.  So back to the trail I went.  I had a helicopter moment at the trailhead.  I heard my name 'Helicopter' being called but didn't see the hiker right away.  Right in front of my nose was Chili and Pepper!  They are a father & son duo who started with me.  I hadn't seen them in weeks.  So it was cool to catch up with them.  They were waiting for the PO to open.  Well no one was ready to start hiking so I took off solo.  It felt strange.  After hiking with a partner for so long, leaving people & town comforts behind was just strange.  But I was and am happy to be hiking again.  I passed a lot of day & weekend hikers.  The trail is currently in the Desolation Wilderness.  It hasn't been very desolate.  There are a lot of people out for the weekend and a lot of mosquitos.  Shortly after Dicks Pass and 6 miles from camp I caught up to Atlas & Sunset.  I finished the day out hiking with them.  My knee is holding up and I had good energy today.  I didn't fall once!  I passed a lot of beautiful lakes.  Here are some pictures from today including Chili & Pepper.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment