Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22, 1429 - 1456

Section O begins!  It feels like I'm walking in a jungle.  The trail is winding through thick forest with a lot of low level ground plants, shrubs, & ferns.  In places its completely overgrown the trail.  It's the rolling foothills of the southern cascades.  There have been great views of Mt Shasta though.  There are a lot of flowers and water has been sufficient.  I got up early for the heat but it wasn't to hot due to all of the shade.  I've been leapfrogging Chris & Texas Chill today.  I stopped to camp on the ridge though before the trail descends back into the buggy lower elevations.  I'm glad I did, because I have phone reception!  I have no bugs and a beautiful view!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    I'm enjoying reading your adventures. So excited you've completed half the trip! When you get close to the Seiad valley let us know. Barry's brother lives in happy camp.

    ReplyDelete