Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 24, 1487 - 1506

I woke up.  I walked 500 miles.  Then I walked 500 more.  I liked it.  So I walked 500 more.  1500 miles!  Oregon is in sight!  I think I will cry when I get to Oregon.  Although the trail north of here is supposed to be really beautiful.  A lot of hikers have dropped off the trail for various reasons.  I think after the emotional high and 'wow' factor of the Sierras to not as many views, combined with the physical tiredness of all the high mountain passes are factors.  I've been hiking in the Trinity Alps National Forest.  The trail went west and passed south of Shasta then turned North to pass to the west of Shasta.  It was mostly downhill today to I 5 freeway.  I caught up to Chris at Amirattis Market in Castella where we both have packages.  The market is two miles from the trail.  I got my resupply box, my new Dirty Girl gaiters, & a gps clip for my pack.  We got a ride into Mt Shasta for the night.  Yippee. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Lisa. You've got a good eye. I am really enjoying reading your blog, I feel like I am hiking the PCT from the comfort of my LazyBoy. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete