Monday, July 16, 2012

July 15, 1313 - 1335

Halfway on the PCT baby! Yes! What a fantastic day.  We caught up to and shared the trail with Moonwalker and her daughter and Mark Trail.  The 7 of us reached the midpoint together and had lunch there.  Then we took off and reached hwy 36 in record time.  There was trail magic at the road and we called a trail angel for a ride to Chester.  We celebrated the milestone with a good dinner and mint chocolate chip icecream with fudge topping.  Always nice to shower & do laundry as well.  Chester is a small friendly town.  We are staying at the Antler motel.  It's comfy and clean.  It's been a good week with the group.  Tomorrow we'll split up as we have different plans.  However, we should regroup in Old Station.  The first half of the trail was a great adventure.  I had good and bad days just like 'real' life.  I'm looking forward to the second half.  What surprises lie around the corner?  What will I see?  Experience?  Bring it on!  I've got Oregon get there itis.  And I think I'll be even more excited about finishing California and making it to Oregon than I am about this halfway point.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment