Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 28, 1554 - 1586

What can I say about today?  I started off hiking with a section hiker.  He's a teacher and has been spending his summers on the PCT for years.  I enjoyed his company.  Then later I met another section hiker and a thru hiker.  I felt a new sense of trail maturity and relaxation about the day as I hiked.  The trail entered the Trinity Alps Wilderness in the Klamath National Forest today.  It has lived up to its reputation of stunning scenery.  I saw some snow on distant peaks, rust colored rocky hillsides, green hillsides, meadows, wildflowers, and panoramic vistas.  It's a great section.  I'm camped now near Hwy 93 where there is trailhead parking.  It's a nice spot, flat, shaded, and away from the parking lot.  Two adults and a child rode by on horseback.  They gave me a bottle of gatorade which was perfect.  I was thirsty and my water is rationed for breakfast tomorrow and the 5 mile stretch to the next water. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment