Tuesday, July 3, 2012

June 26, Tuolomme Meadows

It was a fun day.  We hiked 11 miles into Tuolomne Meadows, had a


hamburger and fries at the grill, bought food for the next 7



days, and hung out.  It was fun hanging out, chilling, and talking to other hikers.  We spent a few hours there and then hiked 6 miles to a great campsite on a river.  Yosemite is such a beautiful place.  It's my favorite National park.  The sunset tonight over the river was bright pink and orange.  We are still in the park boundaries at mile 947.  You can't lose the trail in Yosemite.  All you have to do is follow the horse manure.  I've become accustomed to being dirty and smelly.  I don't even notice it on me or anyone else.  But its still a treat to be able to wash my feet in a river.  And I love washing


my hands with soap and water in a sink.  My nose runs a lot because of the dust.  So a big thanks to my friend Chris who taught me how to farmer blow.  Otherwise I wouldnt get much hiking done. 


I'd have to keep stopping.  Thor and Sautee are camping by us and we had a good time joking and talki


ng while eating dinner.  Here are a few pictures of the day.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment