Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 9, 1172 - 1198 Sierra City

I'm still walking.  I woke up early and decided to just get started.  I'm stiff and sore.  Once I got moving though my body loosened up and I got a good rhythm going.  It's exciting to see other hikers when you're hiking solo.  Late morning Q ball zoomed by.  He slowed enough to say hi, then kept on running.  Q ball is an ultra runner.  A little layer as I was walking down the hill to the reservoir, I saw an old guy walking towards me.  It was Billy Goat!  Billy Goat is a legend on the PCT.  He's been hiking around on the trail for years.  He told me I looked like I was floating down the trail.  That made me smile.  I really enjoyed talking to him, but he said there was trail magic at the bottom of the hill.  So off I went.  Sure enough, Bruce from Reno had a cooler of gatorade and water and lawn chairs.  A great time to take a break and rest.  While I rested, Beardo showed up.  It was fun to see him as well.  He hikes with Q ball, Wolf Pack, and Jeremiah Johnson.  We are all headed to Sierra City to resupply.  Thanks to my early start I had 15 miles in by 10 am and got to Sierra City by 3.  Grit & Maple were already here.  There is a bed & breakfast called the Moose Inn that is run by two awesome trail angels, Margaret & Bill.  They let hikers camp in th back yard, do laundry, & shower for free.  I was so hungry when I got here I ate a huge 1 lb hamburger.  Two and a half hours later I was able to eat a rib dinner of carrots, potatoes, baked beans and ribs.  I'm a scrawny 104 lbs.  I need to put weight on or at least maintain.  My battery was dead so no pictures of today.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment