Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 7, 1115 - 1146

I was the last one out of camp this morning.  I caught up to Atlas and Sunset when they stopped for a break.  I kept going because my energy level was still high.  I stopped at Barker pass for lunch.  Super Girl, Shameless, Paws, and a few others were already there sitting at a picnic table playing cards.  So I joined them.  It was nice to see new and old faces.  They're a fun group.  The trail today followed the Tahoe Rim Trail for awhile so there were a lot of great views of Lake Tahoe.  At one point I was on a ridge where the ground dropped off on both sides.  Lake Tahoe was on one side and other mountains on the other side.  Then the trail skirted the ski boundary of Squaw Valley Ski Resort.  I skiied Squaw Valley several years ago with my friend Daryl so it was fun seeing it in the summer.  I saw a grouse (I think) and watched it for a few minutes.  There were a lot of day and weekend hikers today and its always nice to stop and chat.  I finally made it to camp.  Pineapple & Express were already here camping.  I hadn't seen them since Mammoth Lakes.  I like camping with other hikers, especially when I've spent most of the day solo.  So a great day, but I'm one tired chickie.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment