Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29, 1586 - 1606

I left the Trinity Alps Wilderness behind and entered the Russian Wilderness.  It's just as beautiful.  I woke up a little sore and tired so hiked slower, took it easy.  I hiked with Jackie the section hiker again and had a good day.  A good day with one exception.  All my talk about being a seasoned hiker now and I go and fall again.  It was a steep downhill section strewn with rocks and very sandy.  I slipped on the sand, tripped on a rock and went headfirst down the trail.  Kinda like diving for home base in baseball.  It was a bad fall but I came out ok with just scrapes and bruises.  I'll probably be stiff & sore in the morning.  I was glad to have Jackie there to dust me off.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment