Tuesday, July 3, 2012

June 28 & 29, 961 - 1003

Last night I was too tired to blog.  The trail through Yosemite is up & down, steep, rocky, downed trees, & lots of mosquitos.  It's been slow going.  I keep falling down too.  Must stop it!  Then I left my pouch with phone, maps & wallet under a tree.  I realized it was missing 2 miles later.  I found it.  Yay!  In spite of the mishaps, That Guy & I have gotten our groove back & did 26 miles today.  Other hikers we've talked to have also struggled these last few days.  We are not alone.  This evening we went over Dorothy Lake pass & left Yosemite behind.  The trail got easier & we saw beautiful lakes below.  It really energized me & I hustled the last couple miles to the 1000 pt.  1000 miles!  I can hardly believe it.  A lot has happened in the last 500 miles.  New hiking partners, new trail towns, the last of the desert, Mt Whitney & numerous passes through the Sierras.  What a trip this has been.  I'm looking forward to the next 1000 miles.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment