Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 21, 1424 - 1429

Burney Falls State Park is a busy place on the weekend.  It's a nice park with fishing and boating.  You can rent kayaks, canoes, & power boats.  The falls are pretty too, the way they seem to gush out of the rocks and over the rocks.  I slept in and then spent most of the day sitting at a picnic table outside of the store.  I was charging my phone and ipod in the outlet there.  A lot if hikers came and went while I was there.  Most of them hitched into town for resupplying.  The camp store didn't have much to offer.  It was 90 degrees today!  So I waited til evening to leave and only hiked five miles.  I'm cowboy camping next to a river.  There isn't enough room to set up my tent.  Texas Chill, The Newman, & Robocop are here as well.  Tomorrow is going to be really hot again so I'm going to get up at 430.  I'll hike till noon or so, take a siesta, and hike mire in the evening when its cooler.  This is a picture of the dam just past Burney Falls.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment