Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23, 1456 - 1487

I started the day off watching the sun rise over the mountains while I ate my oatmeal and drank my tea.  It turned the sky shades of pink.  I was met by fantastic views of Mt Shasta in the morning light on my descent from the ridge.  It was a beautiful morning.  I saw a lot of wildlife today.  They don't see or hear me coming till I'm right there and then we all jump. Last night it was a deer.  Today it was a bear, a deer, & a snake.  I didn't get a good look at the bear.  It was brown, round, & fuzzy and went crashing down the mountain side as fast as it could go.  So I started talking loudly as I walked.  First to myself, then to the trail, then to any animals out there.  "Human coming through." I keep catching up to Chris.  He's a very fast hiker but his feet are hurting real bad.  He needs new shoes.  Hiking on through the woods its still a jungle but improving.  There was a lot of water and I got to soak my feet in cold water.  Aahh...  I'm pitching camp early again.  It's only 530 but I already hiked a lot of miles today and don't need to do more.  I feel funny wasting daylight though.  Rest is good.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment