Monday, July 9, 2012

July 8, 1146 - 1172

I'm on top of the world! (was). The trail climbed up a hill, went around Tinkers Knob, and was then on the crest with panoramic views on both sides.  I saw a deer.  It was very close and checked me out as it walked by.  I hiked over Donner's pass and at highway 40 walked the quarter mile down the road to Donner Ski Ranch.  I was with Atlas and the two of us gobbled up breakfast burritos, Haagen Daas icecream bars and soda.  Then back to the trail.  Again there were lots of dayhikers.  I talked with one couple, and the guy had hiked the PCT in 2008.  The trail then passed the I80 rest stop.  There were no vending machines but water and bathrooms were nice.  Also on the trail today was the Peter Grubb hut, a hut maintained by the Sierra club.  It was nice and cool inside and made a good spot for a snack & rest break. It's been a pretty easy, fast trail the last couple days.  I've been doing well, not falling, & good miles.  That ended when. I took a good tumble this evening.  I laid in the trail for a few minutes, to tired to get up.  I finally did and all seemed well so I hiked on.  About a mile later I started to hurt.  So I found a place to camp and stopped early.  Rest and food will make me fine in the morning.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, I hope you are OK. I left a comment a few days ago but looking at your blog I see it didn't take.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete