Saturday, September 1, 2012

Aug 30, 2216 - 2248

,I woke up to frost on the ground.  But then only a mile up the trail was a great morning view of Mt Adams.  What better way to start my day.  I'm hiking in the Mt Adams Wilderness.  The views today more than made up for the days without.  There were a lot of close up views of Mt Adams.  But late afternoon I was also treated to a view of both Mt St Helens and Mt Ranier.  Gorgeous.  Most of the hikers I've seen this week are resupplying in Trout Lake .  I have enough food to get to White Pass so I'm pushing through.  When I got to road 23, a father was dropping off his son who is hiking the trail.  He offered me a ride into town.  It was really tempting!  But I said no and kept walking.  Two big reasons were 1. I didn't need to go and would just spend money.  2. The weather is perfect!  I want to get as much hiking in and miles in as I can while the weather holds.  Washington is called the hiker wash state for a reason.  Rain.  Lots of rain.  Well it was a great hiking day.  I'm camped with Big Bird and a couple of section hikers who are very friendly.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment