Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sep 13, 2529 - 2558

The trail continues to inspire and amaze me.  It went from open, rolling green hills to old growth forest.  In between was a snow covered lake, rivers and waterfalls, and rocky mountains.  There were some places that got my heart rate up.  I had to cross a couple of icy snowfields.  The trail got narrow along a cliff edge.  And finally a section where part of the trail had broken off and slid down the mountain.  Trail crews built a new section of trail and a new bridge across the Siuattle river.  It added 5.6 miles to the trail.  But its a beautiful bridge and it was nice to have easy trail for a change.  I met some people on horseback this evening.  Always nice to see people.  My body is like my Tyvek ground cloth.  Dirty, wrinkled, patched and worn but still strong and getting the job done.  I have knee and hip pain that is getting worse and my feet hurt.  Yet my spirits are high and I'm happy I've been able to experience this trail.  It's a great trail.  I've been thinking about my journey and my mind can't really comprehend what I've accomplished so far.  Canada still seems a dream away.  But as the miles go by beneath my feet and another day is over, I'm one more day closer to the border.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment