Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sep 3, 2323 - 2353

I woke up this morning to the sound of elk calling to each other.  As I hiked down the trail they continued to bugle.  Then I saw one ahead running down the trail and out of sight.  The sunrise over the mountain was a blush pink color.  The trail seemed to go up most of the day.  I lost and found the trail a couple of times.  It crossed over hwy 410 where there was a parking area.  Consequently, I saw a lot of day hikers.  I hiked with Scalpel.  He hikes a lot faster than me but stops often to smoke.  We are doing the same miles so it works.  We stopped to rest near a spring and he made us yarrow tea.  It's supposed to act like ibuprofen.  I felt pretty good after the tea.  I hiked on expecting him to catch up but he never did.  I'm camping on a flat spot where the trail widened out.  As I was setting up my tent a couple of kids came up the trail.  They were probably in their teens.  They were lost dayhikers.  No map.  No shelter.  So I got them sorted out with my maps.  They were 9 miles in the wrong direction and it was getting dark.  They assured me though that they had food, warm clothes, and headlamps.  I hope they will be ok.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment