Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sep 5, 2386 - Snoqualmie Pass 2402

Lesson learned.  Don't camp in a meadow.  At least not a Cascade meadow.  My tent was dripping moisture this morning outside and in.  I strapped it on top of my pack so I wouldn't get everything else wet.  The trail was very rocky and crossed a few talus slopes and clear cut areas.  So it was slow going.  I'm getting better at hiking over rocks though.  On the plus side there was a lot of water.  I passed a trail maintenance crew.  They were working hard and I really appreciate their work.  I passed a couple of friendly grouse hunters too.  I told them I hadn't seen any and they were bummed.  There were also a lot of people out picking huckleberries.  One day hiker said to me, "The weather is going to be great the next couple days so don't stay to long in Snoqualmie Pass." She was right.  I'm going to take advantage of the weather and hike out first thing in the morning.  Snoqualmie Pass is located off of hwy 90.  It's a ski area.  Besides that, there is just the Summit Inn, Summit Pancake House, Chevron station, and small grocery.  There are a lot of hikers here!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment