Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sep 11, 2478 - 2501

It wasn't raining, but everything was wet.  The trail was overgrown with tall wet plants and it was cold.  So on went the rain pants and fleece.  I hiked all morning in warm clothes.  The trail was gentle today which really surprised me.  Or maybe I'm just so used to the ups and downs now that I hardly notice.  I felt very mellow today too.  The trail was mostly in the trees but there were a couple of high alpine fields that I crossed which had great views of the surrounding mountains.  I stopped early tonight.  I should have hiked a few more miles but I was getting cold, tired, and hungry.  I came across a good campsite and didn't feel like rolling the dice that there would be another one further I'll make it up tomorrow.  I hit the 2500 mile mark today.  How cool is that?

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment