Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sep 7, 2426 - 2456

Aahh, I have legs of steel.  There was another 3000 foot climb through forest right away this morning.  When I got to the top it felt like I was walking into spring.  There was green grass.  Flowers were in bloom.  A bird was singing.  And the morning sun was shining through some short pine trees.  It was a mellow, lovely morning.  I saw a lot of grouse.  They would run down the trail ahead of me trying to escape this two legged giant.
I pushed pretty hard today since the terrain slowed me down so much yesterday.  But it turned out to be easier trail and I was able to get miles in.  This is a popular section.  I met a lot of southbound section hikers.  Since its been awhile since I've fallen, it was time.  I took another trail dive.  I'm just scraped up a bit.  I gotta stop it though!  Too close to get injured now.  All in all another great day in the north cascades.  I finished it off with the perfect campsite too.  Perfect is flat, high, no bugs or mosquitos, and water.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment