Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sep 12, 2501 - 2529

Last night was the best sleep I've ever had on trail.  I slept all night without waking up once!  So, thoroughly rested, I started out the day with, of course, a climb.  I'm hiking through the Glacier Peak Wilderness.  It's rugged, wild, and breathtaking.  The trail has been difficult with a lot of downed trees and overgrown with plants.  But I had lunch on a ridge with a panoramic view of snow covered mountains and rocky spires.  I crossed grassy hillsides and descended into valleys only to climb back up again.  I saw two bears in the rocks high above me in the afternoon.  I passed a few hikers but its been pretty isolated otherwise.  I'm camped with Happy Plate, a section hiker who is hiking Ashland to Manning Park.  She's super nice.  I wish she could do bigger miles, I would enjoy hiking with her.  I have to say I have discovered I like trail mix after all.  Especially if there are lots of m&ms.  It's like desert.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment